Friday, February 1, 2013

October 2012

In October, it was super fun to go down for Conference weekend!  I went down with Austin Rigby, Eric, and two other girls Austin knows.  Eric is Austin's roommate and I got to know him this semester so that was fun.



It was seriously fun to see this girl and people from the stake back home when I came down.  After not seeing anyone I know (besides family) for a month it was really a breath of fresh air.  Rexburg can be great--but it is also great to get out of for a while...very isolated :)  We're at Denny's here and it's probably 2am.  This picture is pretty much the definition of Lana and I's friendship. Dying. Laughing. 

I also got to hang out with my friend from BYUI!  The first day of Book of Mormon class, I sat down next to a kid who I thought looked very nice, and we introduced ourselves.  Turns out--he is in President Stokes' stake in north Jersey!  Johnny Neu used to live up there and knew him as well, so we made a connection the first day.  His name is Brandy and he knows the Stokes family, Daniel Poaletti, Johnny, Brigs, Austin, Lana, everybody!  It was nice to talk to him the first day of class.  I had an instant friend!  So Brandy came down too and we were all able to hang out with the Moorestown crew.

Emily, Jim, and I woke up 15 minutes late into the Saturday morning session of Conference--great time to sleep in right? NOT!  Everyone kept talking about an announcement and the big announcement made by President Monson, so we looked it up online and watched the video of him announcing the missionary age change.  CRAZY!!

Shannon and I + our neighbors had some funs with pranks too :)  Two of our neighbors took Shannon's mattress and left this note:


So we decided to take all of their clothes from their closets and get her mattress back! 






One more laundry shot:


For my birthday, my roommates decorated the whole apartment and I woke up to balloons and streamers.  It was a perfect start for my day because I was a little sad I wouldn't be home.  Luckily, I had awesome roommates that took care of me last semester.  Thanks girls :) 





Later Kyle, Loni's boyfriend, came over and took some cute pictures of us as roommates.  It was awesome :) 




Jeri also dropped off this awesome birthday basket for me.  She called mom and asked everything I liked...it was spot on!!  Annjennette came by on my birthday and brought me a balloon and my favorite flavor of cupcake from the Cocoa Bean!  After Grandma and Grandpa got home from their cruise in the Mediterranean they took me Costa Vida too.  They sure know how to take care of me out there!  Thanks family!

Random:  I found this bug in my sheets after I washed my sheets...I put them right back in the washer.  HOW GROSS.

Neighbors pranking :)

All of these packages came the day after my birthday! A couple were for two of my other roommates--but I felt PRETTY special. :)

Kaloni and Shannon
So my birthday was on a Monday and Shannon's was that Friday--it was a fun week! 

Posing 

All my packages! Some of my stuff isn't here...but oh well!

Birthday girl


Roommates

Robert came down later in the month and we went to Utah for one of his mission buddy's wedding reception. It was way fun to see everyone from NJ, the family, and hang out with Robert!

Random snow storm in the middle of October...don't worry this is just the beginning, it didn't stop. 

I was very excited when my ballot came in the mail--it got pretty close to the election day and I was WAY worried!  But no matter, I got it in.  Too bad the results weren't positive.  The BYUI campus was pretty dismal the day after the election. 






1 comment:

  1. Such fun, fun times. My favorite photos are the ones of you all on the couch at birthday times and the one of you with your ballot. Ok, I also have to admit that the black and white one with Robert is pretty good, too. ;) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete